- Student Doctor Joshi from Jadavji Laboratory publishes another paper! Here we provide a review of how homocysteine is a marker for disease, not the cause.
- Student Docotor Gunther Strash joins the Jadavji Laboratory!
- The Jadavji Laboratory research is profiled in the AJP Heart and Circulatory Journal podcast, https://shorturl.at/auJR2
- Dr. Jadavji begin an advisor position for the Genetics Society of America Early Career Leadership Program, Communication and Outreach Subcommittee
- Dr. Jadavji and colleagues awarded Genetics Society of America Starter Culture Microgrant for Reproducibility for Everyone (R4E)
- Dr. Jadavji is serving on the Early Career Nutrition America Society for Nutrition for another year as the Awards Chair.
- Dr. Jadavji was invited to join the Executive Invitations Team at BioProtocols
- Dr. Jadavji starts her role as an advisor for the Early Career Scientist Communication and Outreach Subcommittee.
- Sidd Gunnala (MBS-1 Student in Jadavji Laboratory) is awarded the TAGC Attendance Support Minoritized Scientist-NSF Rising Scientist Award
- Petter Burrows, CVM student in the Jadavji Laboratory presented his research project to Phi Zeta Research Day.
- Jadavji Laboratory had a holiday lunch – Happy Holidays!
- Dr. Jadavji wrote about her experience being a Women in STEM for the Female Scientists https://thefemalescientist.com/portrait/nafisa-jadavji-1/3251/meet-nafisa-m-jadavji-passionate-about-scientific-research-and-mentoring/
- Student Doctor Joshi's paper is out today! So proud of the work she did! The Jadavji laboratory shines again! https://journals.lww.com/nrronline/fulltext/2024/0800 /impact_of_increasing_one_carbon_metabolites_on.25.aspx
- Dr. Jadavji completes Team Leadership in Research training!
- Jadavji Laboratory published a key paper from our funding from the American Heart Association, about how maternal deficiencies in folic acid or choline impact ischemic stroke outcome in male and female offspring, https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/37282475/
- Dr. Jadavji was invited to present our AHA funded research at the Department of Nutrition weekly seminar at the University of Nevada in Reno.
- Dr. Jadavji spoke at the NINDs organized panel on Scientific Rigor at the Society for Neuroscience Meeting in Washington, DC
- Dr. Jadavji invited to become a Full Member of Sigma Xi, The Scientific Research Honor Society
- Dr. Jadavji invited to become an Associate Editor at Frontiers in Molecular Biosciences; Micronutrient Biology
- Dr. Jadavji wrote about becoming a Mother in Science, https://www.mothersinscience.com/journeys/nafisa-jadavji
- Jadavji Laboratory published our study on blood flow after ischemic stroke in offspring from folic acid or choline deficient moms, https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/37801048/
- Abbey McKee, DO student in the Jadavji Laboratory won 1st place for poster presentation at the AZ American Physican's Meeting
- Sanika Joshi, DO student; Alisha Harrison, Senior Lab Specialist; Petter Burrows, CVM fellow and Siddarth Gunnala, MBS student in the Jadavji Laboratory presented their research at the AZ Physiological Meeting
- Siddarth Gunnala, MBS Student and Petter Burrows, CVM Student from the Jadavji Laboratory presented their research at the Phoenix Children’s Hospital Research Day
- Jadavji Laboratory DO Students: Sapna Virdi, Abbey McKee, and Manogna Nuthi published a review paper that describes the role of one-carbon metabolism on healthy aging in Nutrients. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/37764675/
- Dr. Jadavji collaborated with researchers in the UK to run a Frontiers in Nutrition Research topic and our editor was published, https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/37781130/
- Jadavji Laboratory DO Students: Sanika Joshi and Abbey McKee present their research project at the AZ AD Consortium
- Jadavji Laboratory DO Student: Sanika Joshi’s review paper TBI was accepted in Neural Regeneration Research
- Dr. Jadavji was invited to join the F100 Health Open Research Advisory Board, https://healthopenresearch.org/advisors Research
- Brooklyn Flynn, DO Student, joins the Jadavji Lab to work on the National Faculty Job Market Collaboration
- Dr. Jadavji collaborated with members from Reproducibility for Everyone put together a Research Topic on Reproducibility in Neuroscience, https://www.frontiersin.org/research-topics/26709/reproducibility-in-neuroscience
- Dr. Jadavji took the #MentorFirst pledge, https://mentorfirst.org/
- Dr. Jadavji is elected as the President-Elect for the Graduate Women in Science organization.
- Petter Burrows, CVM Student from the Jadavji Laboratory presented his summer research project at the National Veterinary Scholars Symposium meeting in Puerto Rico.
- The Jadavji Laboratory presented our two of our research projects at the American Society of Nutrition on one-carbon metabolism over-supplementation and maternal nutrition.
- Annual Jadavji lab Reproducibility for Everyone workshop presentation with pizza!
- Dr. Jadavji was selected for an honorary membership from the Graduate Women in Science for Education Excellence
- During a weekly lab meeting the Jadavji Lab generated lab values, these can be found here: https://www.jadavjilab.com/lab-values.html
- Jadavji Laboratory DO Students: Sanika Joshi, Himmat Dhillon, Alice Yaldiko, and Purvaja Marella present their research at the Arizona Osteopathic Medical Association Clinical Case Competition
- Jadavji Laboratory DO Students: Sanika Joshi, Himmat Dhillon, Faizan Anwar, Alice Yaldiko, and Purvaja Marella present their research at the Kenneth Suarez Research Day at Midwestern University
- Student Doctor Joshi was awarded the Kenneth Saurez Fellowship to conduct research in the Jadavji Laboratory for the Summer of 2023
- The Jadavji Laboratory published a key paper from our American Heart Association grant evaluating the long-term impact of maternal dietary deficiencies in folic acid or choline on middle-aged male and female offspring, https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/37049396/
- The first graduate student from the Jadavji Laboratory published her data paper in Nutritional Neuroscience, https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/36932327/
- Jadavji Laboratory DO Student: Sanika Joshi presents her research project at the Abrazo Health Regional Research Day
- Dr. J presents the laboratory research at the Genetics Society of America Drosophila meeting.
- Dr. J speaks about her work on academic bullying and the impact it can have on mental health to Clara at End Bullying Now
- Dr. J and DO students working in the laboratory head to Café Rumba for a tasty lab lunch!
- Dr. J lead the American Society for Nutrition: Early Career Nutrition Interest Group: Promotion in Academia Webinar
- The Jadavji Laboratory was awarded a grant from the Arizona Department of Health Sciences. Titled ‘Exploring the Unknown: The Impact of Maternal Dietary Contributions of One-Carbon Metabolism on Offspring Vasculature’
- New Graduate Student Siddarth Gunnala rocks his thesis presentation at the Graduate Student Seminar!
- Lauren Hurley a CVM fellow in the Jadavji Laboratory presented her research at Phi Zeta Research Day
- The Jadavji Laboratory DO Student Calli Bennett published her work in Nutritional Neuroscience investigating the impact of folic acid dietary deficiencies on brain function, https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34042561/
- The Jadavji Laboratory DO Student Sapna Virdi published her review on how maternal folates impact brain development and function after birth, https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/36144280/
- Dr. Jadavji along with international collaborators published an editorial outlining the role of Epigenetics in neuropsychiatric disorders, https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35959102/pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35959102/
- The Jadavji Laboratory DO Students, Joshua and Sean as well as Dental Student, Neha Kwatra published their paper on how aged females are impacted by ischemic stroke and vitamin B12 deficiency, https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35889916/
- Student Doctor Purvaja Marella was awarded the Kenneth Saurez Fellowship to conduct research in the Jadavji Laboratory for the Summer of 2022.
- First data paper from the Jadavji Lab published! We present mechanisms on how a MTHFR deficiency impacts ischemic stroke outcome, https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32448097/ Thank-you to our first student, Jamie Abato, a College of Veterinary Medicine Research Assistant
- The Jadavji Laboratory MBS student, Gyllian Yahn and Pharmacy student, Jeannine Leoncio published their review of how dietary supplementation of 1C carbon metabolism on stroke outcome, https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33631772/
- Student Doctor McCoy Clementson was awarded the Kenneth Saurez Fellowship to conduct research in the Jadavji Laboratory for the Summer of 2021.
- Student Doctor Calli Bennett and Forrest Bethel were awarded the Kenneth Saurez Fellowship to conduct research in the Jadavji Laboratory for the Summer of 2020.
- Jadavji Laboratory doors open! A dream come true!
- Jadavji Laboratory website launched!